Vata Balancing Guided Meditation
Join Ginger for this 25 minute guided morning meditation focusing on deep abdominal breathing and vata balancing techniques.
What are vata balancing techniques? This meditation works to diminish the effects of existing in a society and culture that is overbooked and prides itself on self-neglect (putting everyone else’s needs ahead of your own). Those effects can include caregiver fatigue, mental fog, chronic pain, and anxiety or depression.
The meditation was recorded live in 2014 during Yoga as Medicine III (module 15) on the beaches of the southernmost tip island of the Outer Banks in Emerald Isle, NC.
Ideal time to perform this meditation is 30 minutes before sunrise, facing east.
The Meditation includes:
- Seated or supine comfortably on the Yoga Couch
- Breathing techniques, including Abdominal/Deep Breathing
- Hand postures, including Kaleswara mudra (mudra of the heart), Anjali mudra (palms together as in prayer hands)
- Focusing on breath awareness and deep abdominal breathing for improved empowerment, confidence, ventral vagus circuit function, oxygenation, energy levels, and neuroendocrine regulation.
- Chanting “AUM” (Om)
- Singing bowl (4th chakra tuned)
Optional equipment needed can include:
- Yoga mat
- Two Mexican blankets folded in three tier approach, known as the “Yoga Couch“
- Eye bag to cover eyes if preferred
LISTEN TO PODCAST