Dedicated to Empowering American Women since 1992, through the healing arts.
We need change in health care for women in America, and we need it now. Health care in America needs a Woman and Mother-Centered approach. American mothers and women are in great need of holistic, patient centered care, rather than disease care focused around drugs and diagnostic testing.
Our current approach in health care is not working – it has awarded the US with the highest infant and maternal mortality rate of all industrialized nations, and has left more women in poverty and suffering from chronic diseases than men.(1) Read more about women’s health crisis in America or Alternate link here.
Endorsements for Ginger’s Blog
- You are a role model for me, as a mother and a professional. Thank you! Mother of two and OT, business owner, Texas
- I found your blog today, my 47th birthday, what a great gift! Thank you and namaste! Denise, USA
- Thank you for taking the time to deliver this message through your blog. It was one of your longer ones, but for me, your most inpsiring yet. You inspire me to embrace my God given creativity and wisdom to become all I can be in this season of my life. Thank you for being so faithful and encouraging us! L Davison, mother, fitness instructor, & marathoner, NC
- Your blog on redefining yoga for mothers was extra awesome. I forwarded it to my daughter and a couple of other mothers with new babies. Great work…a blessing to many. H. Cizerle, mother of two, grandmother of many, NC
- Your blog is wonderful and inspiring! Thank you! After reading that you are writing a new book about prenatal and postpartum therapy, I am very interested in buying your book. I trust your research and work over any other pre/postnatal yoga programs out there! Mother of two and licensed physical therapist, Florida
Ginger offers Women’s Health Therapies for weight management, chronic pain syndromes such as CFS and Fibromyalgia, incontinence, organ prolapse, prenatal and postpartum periods, childbirth, and post-surgical issues through:
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle Counseling
…meal planning, aromatherapy, constitution analysis, sound therapy, and yoga.
- Evidence based Pilates
…therapeutic routine for low back strengthening and postural realignment
- Environmental Analysis
…an evaluation of your office or home using Feng Shui & Ayurvedic elemental analysis
- Physical Therapy
…flexibility, strength, endurance, manual therapies & deep tissue work, exercise, pain management, injury prevention education, workplace or home office ergonomic analysis
- Pranayama (breathing)
…increase lung capacity, decrease pain, increase energy levels, decrease blood pressure and heart rate, improve quality of life, and clean bronchial airways, including address asthma and allergies
- Music & Movement
…learn about use of sound and music in movement therapy & meditation
…learn about the voice as a therapeutic tool, protecting and developing it for maximum effectiveness
…learn about vocal toning for meditation and vocal development
- Meditation & Breathing
- Therapeutic Yoga
…for managing aches and pains in the most gentle way possible, through passive movements
…therapeutic alignment & meditation in the 15 point PYT method
- Stress & Time Management
- Athletic Training
- Yoga Massage & Partner Yoga
…everyone’s favorite, combine the relaxing effects of massage with the healing benefits of PYT
Read Ginger’s Publications about her success with women’s health therapy.
What Ginger’s students and patients are saying:
- Patient, Hubert, NC – “After my back injury, I gained a lot of weight and my back pain returned. I want to thank you for all your help! Because of you I have lost 22 pounds in a few short months – and all because I implemented the things you recommended during a single appointment I had with you. I printed all of the information you sent me from your website and book, “Best Care Practices for Low Back Pain,” and made a binder. I cut the fruits and carbs, really watched the gluten, have been using more organic. Yea!!! It has been a little harder traveling and being in other’s homes but I have been pretty creative. So thank you for all of the help that you have provided.”
- Certified Nurse Midwife, RN, Greensboro, NC – “Prenatal Yoga Therapy is a wonderful course – it has been well researched and well written (by Ginger).. The depth of her knowledge in prenatal yoga is fantastic.”
- A. D., RYT, Greensboro, NC – “Prenatal Yoga Therapy was very informative. I feel I could really relate to Ginger as an experienced yoga therapist and as a mother. Her knowledge of prenatal yoga was wonderful.”
- RYT, PTA Greensboro, NC – “Prenatal Yoga was excellently instructed by Ginger. She is very well educated and versed in Prenatal Yoga and shows a wealth of knowledge on the subject.”
- LMBT, Polarity Practitioner, & client, Swansboro, North Carolina –“I am amazed and delighted that we accomplished so much in just one session, somatically speaking. I can feel a very distinct difference in my shoulder when it is over my head – and the change while moving I would liken to feeling like it “bounces” in my shoulder girdle while I walk.
- CSW, Rochester, New York – My mother has been in chronic pain for a rough few years. Thank you for energizing her. She is excited your ‘magic’ will continue to help her feel better and better everyday. I wish I had an instructor who works like you do up here.
- Student and mother of three, Washington D.C. – Ginger, I can’t even begin to tell you how much I miss yoga with you. From the the first class, I knew I found something and someone special. Since starting yoga twelve years ago, you are the most knowledgeable, talented, caring, driven, and extraordinary yoga instructor I ever had. Your practices not only challenged me physically, but made me stronger mentally and emotionally. Your unique approach of yoga therapy not only healed my shoulder pain, but more importantly helped me with the delivery of my first child. You have created a standard that I will use for my future yoga instructors. I have not found one yet….
- PT, Casper, Wyoming – “I received my Ancient Yoga, New You DVD and just finished it….it is wonderful. What a great job on the content. You (author, Ginger) are an inspiration. Thank you for a truly educational DVD.
1. US Dept. of Health and Human Services 2006. Women’s Health USA 2007 report.