What to Expect
Initial appointments are 60-90 minutes according to level of need. Visits for more complicated issues or for those traveling longer distances can be booked for 2 hours. Follow up appointments are 50-60 minutes. Dr. G works with you 1-on-1 to determine which therapies are best for you.
Dr. Garner is an out-of-network provider. She made the decision to work out-of-network in 2005 in order to focus on patient needs, particularly for pain and special needs populations whose insurance claims are frequently denied, limited, or high cost. Dr. Garner is well known for helping women who are still dealing with pain and impairment after they have exhausted other forms of treatment and care.
Insurance companies typically cover physical therapy (PT). Check with your insurance company to determine your PT benefits. Paperwork is provided for insurance reimbursement on request. Payment is collected at time of service.
New Patient Evaluations:
- Standard – 75 minutes – $150
- Extended – 90 minutes – $180
- $50 – 30 minutes
- $100 – 60 minutes
- $150 – 90 minutes
Dr. G offers sliding scale and payment plans for those who have financial need.
COMMUNITY CLASSES & WORKSHOPS
Group therapy is a new offering in healthcare that is proving very effective in Europe, especially for multiple conditions like sports injuries, chronic disease, or pain management. Ginger has been successfully using this model of care since 1995. Private group sessions are scheduled by appointment.
Group therapy classes in Medical Therapeutic Yoga & Medical Therapeutic Pilates are offered at all levels from beginner to advanced. Dr. G has worked with all levels of athlete, from those with chronic pain to weekend warriors to competitive professional athletes and Marines. Class topics change and/or are customized based on individual participation and diagnoses. Some popular topics include:
- MTY for New Moms (Postpartum) “Mommy & Me”
- MTY for Expectant Moms – Getting Ready for Birth (Prenatal)
- MTY “Surf and Turf” (for Water & Land Athletes)
- MTY for Women’s Health
- MTY & MTP for a Healthy Spine
- MTY & MTP for Happy Hips
- MTY for Pain & Stress Management
- MTY for Joint Preservation
- Workshops are 90-120 minutes and are scheduled by appointment. Cost is determined by length and number of attendees. Please contact Dr. G to discuss hosting a workshop.