Peer Reviewed Publications
- Author, Medical Therapeutic Yoga: Biopsychosocial Rehabilitation and Wellness Care Handspring Publishing, Ltd. Edinburgh, UK. 2016.
- Korean translation (Date TBA)
- Italian translation (Date TBA)
- Chinese translation (Date TBA)
- Vietnamese translation (Date TBA)
- Garner, G. Foundations for Yoga Practice in Rehabilitation in Telles, S., & Singh, N. (2018). Research-Based Perspectives on the Psychophysiology of Yoga (pp. 1-456). Hershey, PA: IGI Global. doi:10.4018/978-1-5225-2788-6
- Garner, G. The Role of Relationship in Creativity. in Taylor, M. Fostering Creativity in Rehabilitation. Nova Publishers, NYC. 2014. DOWNLOAD THE FREE CHAPTER
- Garner, L & Garner, G. Yoga in Geriatric High Fall Risk Populations. GeriNotes. May 2019.
- Garner, L, & Garner, G. Yoga in Osteoporosis Populations. GeriNotes. June 2019.
- Garner, G, and Clinton, S. Are you Listening to your Patients? What the Voice Reveals about Dysfunction. International Pelvic Pain Society Annual Meeting. October 2019. Awaiting response on proposal.
- Garner, G. & Hartmann, J. Lifestyle Medicine in Physical Therapy. North Carolina Physical Therapy Association Annual Fall Meeting. Wilmington, NC. October 2019.
- Goldeen, R., and Garner, G. Medical Therapeutic Yoga: An exploration of how to use yoga as a therapeutic modality with clients across the lifespan, in varied settings (acute to out-patient) and with cultural sensitivity. World Federation of Occupational Therapists. WFOT Congress. Capetown, South Africa, May 21-25, 2018.
- Clinton, S, and Garner, G. Are you Listening to your Patients? What the Voice Reveals about Dysfunction. American Physical Therapy Association, Combined Sections Meeting. New Orleans, LA. February 21-24, 2018.
- Garner, G, Jonely H, Elliott M, Shaheed H, Langshaw W, Clinton S. Global Maternal Health Crisis: Delivering a Biopsychosocial Model of Care involving Women’s Health Physiotherapy in the Postpartum Period at World Congress on Physical Therapy. Capetown, South Africa, July 2, 2017.
- Garner, G. Yoga in Healthcare: Tenets for Safe, Effective Use & Theory for Healthcare Reform. The Yoga Therapy Conference, Amsterdam. May, 2017.
- Garner, G., Traush, L., Foster, S., Drake, J., Raffo, P., Stewart, T., and Razzino, S. Poster Presentation: Diastasis Rectus Abdominis: A Narrative Review. American Physical Therapy Association Combined Sections Meeting 2016, Anaheim, CA.
- Garner, G. Vocal Liberation: Maximizing Your Potential. Montreal International Symposium for Therapeutic Yoga. March 2016.
- Garner, G. Hip Preservation, Yoga Reconsidered. Montreal International Symposium for Therapeutic Yoga. March 2016.
- Garner, G. Combining Vestibular Rehabilitation with Integrative (Yogic) Medicine. North Carolina Athletic Trainers’ Association Fall Symposium, Raleigh, NC 2013.
- Pathak-Shelat, M., Mrabet, Y., Garner, G., Young, V., Young Mie Kim. Cyberactivism: Slacktivism or Digital Citizenship. Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication Annual Meeting. Washington, D.C. August 8-11, 2013
- Garner, G. National Athletic Trainers’ Association 64th Annual Meeting & Clinical Symposia. Yoga Pulls Double Duty: Establishing Controlled Flexibility in Athletes. Las Vegas, June 24-27, 2013.
- Garner, G. Safe Prescription of Yoga in Rehabilitation: An Orthopaedic Focus. North Carolina Athletic Trainers’ Association Fall Symposium, Raleigh, NC 2012.
- Garner, G. Safe Prescription of Yoga in Physical Therapy in Women’s Health – The Bladder Matters. Mountain Pose Medicine and Yoga Symposium. Copper Mountain, CO. August 2012.
- Garner, G. Safe Prescription of Yoga in Physical Therapy in Orthopaedics. Mountain Pose Medicine and Yoga Symposium. Copper Mountain, CO. August 2012.
- Garner, G. Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Practice: Using Evidence Based Yoga to Evaluate the Athlete. National Athletic Trainers’ Association National Convention. Philadelphia, PA. June 2010.
Other Scholarly Products
- 2019 Yoga U Online. The Essential Vagus Nerve: Achieving Nervous System and Whole Health Balance. 2-part series webinar and video.
- 2019 Yoga Alliance. Rethinking Hip Opening: Asana Evolution for Hip Preservation. 1 hour webinar
- 2019 Embodia Academy. Trauma Informed Yoga for Women’s Health: The Voice is Queen in the Pelvic Floor Kingdom. Two 1 hour webinars.
- 2018 Yoga U Online. Save the Hip: Asana Evolution for Hip Preservation . 2 part series webinar and video.
- 2018 Yoga U Online. The Three Diaphragms: Optimizing Core Stability in the Body. 2 part series webinar and video.
- 2017 Yoga U Online. Yoga for Optimizing Postpartum Health. 2 part series webinar and video.
- 2016 Garner, Ginger. Medical Therapeutic Yoga series. medicaltherapeuticyoga.com
- 2015 & prior available on request
Non refereed articles
- Garner, G. Read Biomechanical Precepts Define 21st Century Yoga. Lower Extremity Review. March 2011 Vol. 3/No. 3.
- Garner, Ginger. International Journal of Yoga Therapy; The Future of Yoga Therapy and the Role of Standardization. November 2007 Volume 17
- 2004 November Garner, Ginger (formerly Wood) MPT, E-RYT, ATC The International Journal of Yoga Therapy; Yoga Therapy and Chronic Pain Management – Telling Our Story.
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Elon University.
- Consultant for physical therapy departments at various universities
Post Professional Faculty/Speaker
- Embodia Academy, Canada
- Herman and Wallace Pelvic Rehabilitation Institute, USA
- Professional Yoga Therapy Institute, USA
- Allied Health Education, USA
- Medbridge, USA
- Home CEU Connection, USA
- Yoga U Online, USA
- Yoga Alliance, USA
- Owner and clinician – Living Well Integrative Medicine & Physiotherapy (2001).
Continuing Education Faculty
- Herman and Wallace Pelvic Rehabilitation Institute
- Allied Health Education
- Home CEU Connection
- Yoga U Online
What people are saying about publications, editing, and writing from Ginger’s pen:
Kelly McGonigal, Stanford psychologist, author, TED speaker, and former Editor in Chief, International Journal of Yoga Therapy: “Ginger, Thank you for your tremendously thorough review. I really appreciate the time you took with it. You clearly understand what is required of a manuscript, and I, too, hope the author will put in the effort to substantially revise and resubmit.”
Stacey Curnow, Yale educated CNM, midwife and life coach: “Whoa! This interview covering physical problems after childbirth is the most comprehensive I’ve ever read. Thank you Ginger Garner for sharing your expertise!” Read the full interview here