Osteoporosis Infographic: Are You At Risk?
Are you at risk for osteoporosis? The following are common risk factors for developing osteoporosis, a disease process that causes thinning and weakening of the bones:
- Female gender
- Small frame
- Advanced age
- Hormone levels
- Predisposing medical conditions
Help spread awareness about osteoporosis by sharing the infographic and by checking into conservative, safe, and inexpensive methods to prevent or manage osteoporosis.
For more information and statistics, visit the following resources:
- The International Osteoporosis Foundation
- How Can Physical Therapy Help Osteoporosis?
- Physical Therapy for Osteoporosis Treatment
- Physical Therapy Guide to Osteoporosis