Ginger has just joined the expert panel of bloggers on the People magazine blogroll site, Modern Mom.
America ranks far behind all other developed nations in maternity care and outcomes. Ginger’s multi-generational interviews with mothers support those statistics. Moms have reported feeling sadness, depression, regret, fear, and outright anger at how they were treated during their pregnancy and birth experience.
Ginger is a proponent of using physical therapy and yoga during pregnancy and birth, which is currently rarely used in conventional maternal medicine. Even physical therapy is rarely prescribed during pregnancy and postpartum, something Ginger aims to change.
Ginger strongly supports a holistic, mother-centered approach to birth, where a woman in in charge and fully informed of her choices during pregnancy, labor, and delivery. Right now in America, expectant and laboring mothers are often scared into making choices they do not want.
- Empowers you as a mother or someone who supports a mother.
- Teaches you how to be in control of your body and birth.
- Informs you of your rights and what health care you are entitled to as an expectant or new mother.
- Gives you no nonsense plans, tips, and programs (all free) to help you be your fittest, strongest, and most confident during pregnancy
- Teaches you how yoga and other Complementary and Alternative Medicine can help you manage pain and prepare you for your big birth day
- Gives you the latest updates on research, books, and other resources so you can make informed decisions about birth.
- Helps you get your body back after birth through using yoga, physical therapy, Pilates, and other fun and medically grounded fitness methods.