Module 6: Applied Biomechanics in Yoga for Safety and Support
- Explain how joint stability requisites are used in the biopsychosocial model of integrative medicine to evolve yoga for clinical use and efficacy.
- List the evidence-based precepts for achieving integrative lumbopelvic stabilization in medical and wellness-based yoga programs.
- Differentiate between the types of yoga postures in the post-graduate professional yoga therapy system that facilitate safe modification and allow for medical adaptation in both high and low functioning patient populations.
- Apply the latest research in lumbopelvic stabilization and neurophysiology to prescribed yoga in rehabilitation.
Module 7: Achieving Structural Balance: Neurophysiology and Joint Function in Practice
- Review the latest research to apply the professional yoga therapy diagnostic algorithm for evaluation and prescription in medical therapeutic yoga and how it impacts functional progression in objective goal setting.
- Verbalize the guidelines, precautions, and contraindications for performing soft tissue mobilization and/or manual therapy within the context of yoga postures.
- Identify how myofascial restriction and neural mobilization can be addressed through the practice and sequencing of yoga postures.
- Understand the ramifications of kinetic chain and joint positioning in yoga program prescription for affecting functional neural patterning and balance across the lifespan.