- This event has passed.
Yoga for Postpartum Health and Recovery
January 26, 2017 @ 8:30 pm - January 31, 2017 @ 9:30 pm$87
Join us live or listen to the recordings at your convenience at YogaUOnline
Yoga is an ideal method for carrying women through the fourth trimester of postpartum. Yoga can help women embrace motherhood and their new identity, as well recover after giving birth. Since over 80% of women give birth, the majority of women worldwide stand to benefit from postpartum yoga, no matter what their age or how long ago they gave birth.
Dr. Ginger Garner will elucidate the gaps that currently exist between postpartum medical care and yoga, and your role in closing them in order to expand your impact on the postpartum community as a yoga professional. She will present new evidence on the numerous biopsychosocial challenges new mothers experience as well as the techniques that can help guide them toward recovery.
Guidelines for breath and asana practice, safety in monitoring the new mother, and specific techniques to understand and heal the intimate relationship between pelvic health recovery and overall health and well-being will be discussed.
What You Will Learn:
- The importance of systemic changes in postpartum physiology
- Safe timelines and guidelines for commencing yoga in the postpartum
- Key breathwork that supports postpartum recovery and health
- Specific yoga techniques to address pelvic health and recovery
- How to create awareness for restoration of pelvic strength and tone
- How the biopsychosocial approach can improve postpartum recovery
- Screening for common postpartum conditions that would require referral to a medical professional
Includes These Great Bonuses:
- Yoga Practice Video: Enjoy a yoga practice video that Ginger will create for this course.
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: Yours to keep. It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get the recordings of both webinar sessions (both MP3 and MP4), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of All Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
Each session is approximately one hour long and will be recorded. No matter where you are in the world — and even if you cannot tune in at the time of the actual broadcast — you can still benefit from taking the webinar at a time that works best to you. Listen to it as many times as you like.
Thursday, January 26 & Tuesday, January 31, 2017
Time: 8:30 pm Eastern / 5:30 pm Pacific