- This event has passed.
Yoga as Medicine for Pregnancy – NY, NY
November 16, 2014 - November 17, 2014
Continuing Education Course
Credit Hours: 16 CE
Audience: PT, CNM, FNP, PA, RN, and anyone who works with pregnant women
Yoga as Medicine for Pregnancy is for all those who are caregivers for women during pregnancy, including physical therapists, midwives, nurses, nurse practitioners, athletic trainers, and their assistants.
I’ll be in the Big Apple come this November teaching Yoga as Medicine for Pregnancy for Herman and Wallace Pelvic Rehab. Institute, so get your boots on and come join me for some riotous yoga fun that will change the way you look at health and wellness during pregnancy. The course will cover a biopsychosocial approach to fitness and nutrition during pregnancy, including a systems-based overview of the latest research that affects exercise prescription for mothers during pregnancy.
Yoga as Medicine for Pregnancy
November 16-17, 2014
Upon completion of this continuing education seminar, participants will be able to:
1. Define a biopsychosocial approach to patient evaluation and treatment specifically related to a yogic model of care for the pregnant patient.
2. Describe systemic changes related to pregnancy within each trimester and the integrative methodology which address the changes.
3. Develop safe yoga prescriptions for the pregnant patient in individual and group settings based on the latest integrative prenatal medicine.
4. Prescribe yoga and other complementary methods based on signs and/or symptoms common to each trimester during pregnancy.
5. Differentiate yoga postures and their indications and contraindications for use during pregnancy.
6. Create safe yoga programs for the high-risk patient during pregnancy.
7. Demonstrate breathing, meditation, and guided imagery techniques for relaxation and stress management during pregnancy.
8. Analyze 3 business practices to promote prenatal yoga programs and maximize community visibility.
What participants are saying about Ginger’s course:
- Ginger is fantastic! She is wonderful and it is great to have an instructor who is clearly an expert in her field. Her teaching points are so organized and the topic is fascinating. Her passion for what she does is evident. Jessica Sager, PT Norfolk, VA (outpatient practice)
- This course was very thorough and detailed. The ‘hands-on’ lab was most beneficial for me, and as a midwife I will use all the techniques I learned here today in my midwifery practice! Sarah E. Martin, RN, MS, CNM Norfolk, VA (military hospital)
Excellent presentation! Teaching ability, organization of material, knowledge base, and effectiveness as an instructor are all a 10 out of 10! Carly Murray, DPT, ATC, MTC Norfolk, VA (outpatient ortho practice)