Hola, pura vida! Join Ginger Garner for yogic rest and relaxation on the beautiful Osa Peninsula in Costa Rica. This week long retreat will help you press the reset button with outdoor yoga classes held on covered platforms among the trees and opportunities to explore nature where the beach meets the jungle. Other activities available include surfing, nature hikes, tree climbing and spa treatments.
This retreat is for Professional Yoga Therapy alumni and those who have participated in physical therapy and yoga with Ginger. It is perfect for the adventurous yogi who desires to go off the grid and expand their yogic practice. You will experience renewal while gaining a new understanding of yourself in both body and spirit.
Your journey begins in San Jamenez, Costa Rica. You will be staying at Boca Sombrero, a wild resort set among great surf and a beautiful jungle. At Boca Sombrero the power is solar, the water is from the ground, and the only air conditioning you need is a cool sea breeze. Highly trained chefs will provide an “exotic blend of delicious and healthy cuisine that is sourced from local farmers.” This beautiful place will take you away from crowded streets and noisy buildings as you find your way off the beaten path and into paradise. With limited access to internet or phones, you will be able to separate yourself from the normal humdrum of life and fully enjoy clarity of mind and body.
Do you really need a reason to spend a week in nirvana? Probably not, but here are a few anyway.
- Get away. Life moves at 100 miles an hour. Our world has gotten smaller and grander at the same time. While being constantly connected to everything has benefits, it takes a toll on us as well. Yoga emphasizes sati, or mindfulness and reflection. We must find the center of ourselves and refresh from time to time. Sati can be difficult when everything around us commands attention. Being disconnected can be daunting but it is of utmost importance. Getting away can allow you to find renewal without distraction.
- Fellowship. At Boca Sombrero you will be immersed in yoga with people who are as passionate about it as you are. This creates an environment of encouragement that can help you reach new levels of reflection and realization. The people around us push us to be
better in many way. Be ready to make new friends from diverse places and walks of life!
- Rest. Amit Ray said,“If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” The lessons taught during this week will help you learn how to do what Ray reminds us is so important. At Boca Sombrero, away from the bustle of life and among like-minded individuals, you will rediscover how to live in the breath. Here you can finally experience rest.
The experience of a lifetime will be from January 16th to 23rd, 2016. We scheduled the retreat starting Martin Luther King Day weekend so you will be able to take advantage of the long weekend.
Click here to register! There are TWO spots in the casas left. If the retreat fills up and you still want to go, we can put you on a wait list. There will be a non-refundable deposit required to secure your place. Anyone who is wait listed will not have to pay the deposit unless a spot opens up and you are able to register.
If you would like to write a check, please make it out to Living Well Inc. Additional payments will be made according to the lodging option you select and will be due on a specified date TBD. Since we must be able to pay the resort before the retreat, there will be a late fee for those who do not pay in full by October 16, 2015. After that date, the price will increase by $200.
Make your way to the small airport in Puerto Jimenez (PJM). You will provide your own transportation to that point, where the resort will organize taxies to take you to your destination. Flexibility in travel will allow you to take your time and get to Puerto Jimenez at your convenience. We will ask that you be at the airport by a certain time but how you get there is up to you. Information on travel in Costa Rica will be provided as the date gets closer to help you plan your travel.
There are a couple of lodging options available ranging from thatched roof tent cabanas to a two bedroom house. All lodging is open to the outside with mosquito netting provided. Most people will have a roommate, but there is the option for two people to have a tent to themselves upon request.
Lodging options are:
Platform tents: two twin beds
Casa Rio Sombrero: two rooms, one king size bed per room
Casa Troya: One large divided room, one king bed on once side, two twin beds on the other
There will be 23 spots available. Spots will be given on a first-come-first-serve basis beginning on a date that will be determined in the near future. A deposit (also to be determined) will be required to secure a place.
Cost is based on lodging. The deposit will go toward the full payment, which is due October 16,2015.
- $1600-a spot in one of the two houses
- $1300-a spot in a tent
- $300 if registered by January 5
- $500 if registered starting January 6
- There will be an additional $200 added to the cost if full payment is not made by October 16, 2015.
Ahí nos vidrios!