Everyone knows eating healthy is important, but what is not talked about are the hidden dangers of eating in America. Due to lack of labeling and consumer advocacy, food labels are often incredibly misleading and inaccurate.
Europe, and even Russia, has banned certain foods from the United States, due to its high content of pesticide and “Round-Up ready” altered genetic material, known as genetically modified organisms (GMO’s).
My job as a health care professional is to be your advocate – an advocate for all patients and people – to steer them toward accurate and truthful food information. Unlike in Europe, a simple trip to the grocery store can be confusing, in large part due to outdated nutritional guidelines and lack of federal oversight for labeling accuracy.
But, the resources on my website are cutting through the muck to make sure you can feed your family clean food.
But don’t take my word for it, here are the words straight from third party, not-for-profit organizations who police the billion dollar, corporate driven food industry in the US today. Groups like the Environmental Working Group (EWG) exist for one reason – to make sure big agri-business doesn’t poison the American public.
Here are some links to not-for-profit resources and scientifically backed articles on exactly how to feed your family clean food on a budget:
What Americans Need
What is needed is a ground swell of Americans who say, “I deserve to know what is in my food.”
What is needed is a grassroots movement of Americans who ask intelligent questions of their health care providers AND the food industry AND the federal government. No one wants to be blindly led along, thinking they are feeding their family healthy when in fact, the typical food on the shelf at the grocery store is just a slow form of poison.
Resources you can use for feeding your family clean food on a budget:
If buying organic seems outside your budget, it isn’t. Not everything has to be organic. Just make sure you at least follow the Dirty Dozen List, buy organic milk and yogurt, and avoid GMO’s (Soybean, Maize, Cotton, Canola, Squash, Papaya, Alfalfa, Sugarbeet, and transgenic wheat, as of 2013)
- Dangerous Chemicals & Food-Like Substances that Contribute to Cancer
- Seven Crazy Things Pesticides Are Doing To Your Body
- What is a “Hormone Disruptor?” – Hormone Disrupting Chemicals
- FED UP: Why We Must Cook Our Way to Health
- Ten Fun Ways to Reduce Your Cortisol Levels – Your hormone levels dictate your health. High cortisol levels are associated with weight gain, insomnia, “tired but wired” feelings, pain syndromes, fatigue, and more…
- 14 Foods You Should Never Eat – Rodale Press
- EWG Dirty Dozen & Clean Fifteen Food List – Updated for 2013
- EWG Dirty Dozen List of Endocrine Disruptors – NEW in 2013
- The 10 Best Food Apps (Finding clean, healthy, good food for your family)
- PBS on Epigenetics – How what you eat affects your children and grandchildren
- Environmental Working Group demands clean food bill
- GMO’s Health Risks – You have a right to know what is in your food
Respected Authors in the “Clean Food” field