Guided Meditation: Anti-Pitta “Exhale”
Join Ginger for this 30 minute guided morning meditation focusing on deep abdominal breathing and Anti-Pitta techniques. The meditation was recorded live in 2014 during Yoga as Medicine III (module 15) on the beaches of the southernmost tip island of the Outer Banks in Emerald Isle, NC.
Ideal time to perform this meditation is 15 to 25 minutes before sunrise.
The Meditation includes:
- Legs up wall and child’s pose
- A singing bowl
- Chanting “om”
- Three Tier Approach, known as the Yoga Couch, Seated, or Supine meditation (corpse/relaxation pose).
- Breathing techniques, including Abdominal/Deep Breathing
- Hand postures, including Anjali mudra (palms together as in prayer hands)
- Focusing on breath awareness and deep abdominal breathing for improved empowerment, confidence, parasympathetic nervous system function, oxygenation, energy levels, and neuroendocrine regulation.
Optional equipment needed can include:
- Yoga mat
- Two Mexican blankets folded in three tier approach, known as the “Yoga Couch“
- Eye bag to cover eyes if preferred
LISTEN TO PODCAST