Yoga as Medicine I, Lab Intensive – Caringbah, NSW, Australia (Classroom Version — Module 8)
What is the Classroom Version?
The classroom version is an intensive version of Module 8 that is more typical of conventional CE’s, rather than held in the retreat island setting. Scheduled class time is longer and the learning environment takes place in either a University, hospital, or clinic environment.
Module 8 is the first of three on-site modules that make up the practical, applied lab portion of the PYT certification program. This course puts the lectures of Modules 1-7 into motion with application of the concepts learned in those prerequisite distance modules. Read more about prerequisite Modules 1-7 in the Course Catalog.
Topics covered include:
- Biopsychosocial (BPS) model of assessment and application
- Interdisciplinary 15 Precept application and case study analysis
- Yoga posture, breath, and meditation prescription using Medical Therapeutic Yoga (MTY) methods (including mudras)
Module 8 is the first of three on-site intensives which allow the students to assimilate and apply all objectives learned from Modules 1-7.
Clinical Objectives — read more about Module 8 clinical objectives here.
- Tuition includes a digital course manual. Lodging and meals are NOT included in this version. Out of town students will need to make their own arrangements for lodging. We will provide some nearby hotel suggestions on registration.
- The digital course manual contains excerpts from the Professional Yoga Therapy Volume I and II E-Books which provide approximately 350 photographic illustrations, foundational breath and postures for sequencing, guidelines to practice, manual cuing, therapeutic teaching, and organizational tools. Volume II is the second level and counterpose companion to Volume I. The PYT Volume I and II E-Books correspond to distance learning Modules 1 through 7.
Students should bring a printed copy of the manual or a means of displaying the digital manual (laptop or tablet) to class.
What To Bring
- Yoga mat
- 2 yoga blocks
- 2 yoga blankets (Mexican blankets work best). Do not bring cotton throws are irregularly, non-matching sized blankets.
- 1 yoga belt/strap. Quick release buckle preferred.
- Copy of the digital text provided to you. Spiral bound copies may be purchased for an additional charge.
All materials are mandatory for completion of the course. Please bring all materials requested.
Please email email@example.com for more information and join our newsletter to receive course updates.